I LOVE clothes. Especially my teacher outfits. I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to talk about clothes because I want to keep posts education related BUT dressing professionally is a part of being a teacher (Ron Clark would say "Dress the part; Attire matters!") and Jessica at From Blood to Books is hosting a teacher fashion linky party (click her button above) SO here is my perfect opportunity. :)
Here are Jessica's guidelines:
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teachers' fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
1. My favorite stores and why:
|They offer 10% teacher discount, quality clothing, AWESOME sales, and petite sizes. I love everything about this store...pants, dresses, skirts, tops, sweaters, cardigans.|
|They have super cute dresses!! You kind of have to search for the good ones because a lot of what they have I would NEVER wear to school. Prices are under $50 but quality is not as good.|
|LOVE their pencil skirts and sweaters! Expensive but excellent quality. However, J. Crew Outlets (if you have one near you) have much better deals.They also offer a teacher discount.|
2. Favorite accessories:
|I love to wear this watch everyday!|
|A smile, of course! I just couldn't resist sharing this picture of my doggie. :)|
|Toms ballet flats. The money goes to a good cause.|
|The most comfortable heels for a special occasion.|
|I love their flats and wedges. Comfortable and cute.|
|I love (and by love I mean that I never take them off) wearing these Steve Madden boots in the fall and winter.|
4. Go to item:
|Cardigans all the way!!|
5. Fashion uh-oh: none to date. :)
If you're interested in other outfit ideas, take a look at my "If I Could Play Dress Up" board on Pinterest.
Have fun playing dress-up! :)
p.s. Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my Monday Made It post...as a new teacher, any encouragement goes a long way. :)