Here are the newbie questions:
1. What state are you in?
2. What is your current teaching position?
3. What is your teaching experience?
4. When did you start blogging?
5. Share a blogging tip/blogging resource.
Here are my newbie responses:
1. I am in Virginia.
2. I will start teaching second grade this fall. Yay!
3. I am a new teacher!! However, I have pre-service experiences...during undergrad, I had practicum experiences in grades K-5. During my graduate year, I student taught in third grade during the fall and first grade during the spring. Lastly, for the past four summers I have taught rising kindergartners and first graders in a summer program. I love working with kids and wanted to gain experience to help prepare me for my own classroom!
4. I began blogging to serve as an e-portfolio during the spring semester of my graduate year. Only recently have I started joining in on the regular bloggy fun by participating in linky parties (like this!), adding the followers gadget, and commenting on others' blogs.
5. I suggest joining linky parties because it's a great way to meet new bloggers!
Stop on by the Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop to meet new friends! :)
p.s. Thank you so much, Mona (from First Grade Schoolhouse), Brigid (from Brigid's Daily Lesson Log), and Mrs. Goodwin (from I Live 2 Learn, I Love 2 Grow) for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! I'll complete the rules over the weekend. :)